Find Quality Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in Comal County, Texas
Speak to an addiction counselor to verify your insurance benefits and match you with a highly rated dual diagnosis treatment center.
This Service is Free and agents are available 24/7.
If you arrived on this specific web-page, then you’re possibly searching for a dual diagnosis addiction treatment facility in or around Comal County, .
Dual diagnosis, or a co-occurring condition, is a psychiatric condition that is associated with by drug abuse. So, this is an addiction to drugs or alcohol as well as a psychiatric illness like clinical depression, or some other mood or personality disorder.
Several industry professionals think that lots of people that struggle with substance abuse likewise experience a mental illness. Treating dual diagnosis is challenging and also finding the appropriate therapy is very crucial. Locating a dual diagnosis rehabilitation center in or around Comal County is not simple. Many rehab treatment facilities don’t treat dual diagnosis.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Comal County: Treating Addiction & Mental Health
Dealing with drug and alcohol dependency alone is tough. Treating substance addiction and also a mental disorder simultaneously is even more difficult. What is especially demanding concerning dealing with individuals with co-occurring problems is the challenge of identifying the source of dual diagnosis. In various cases, alcohol and substance abuse causes psychological disease. In other cases, the psychological disease produces chemical abuse.
For dual diagnosis therapy to be efficient it will need to be customized to each individual. The mental health disorder can be a mood disorder such as stress, an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia, or a personality disorder such as schizophrenia or other mental disorders.
What to Expect at a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
• Detoxing to get rid of alcohol or drugs from the system
• One-on-one treatment method
• Group therapy treatment
• Medication management
• Specialized treatment to discover and deal with the underlying problems that create dual diagnosis
• Mood stabilization
• Discovering new techniques to avoid relapse and steps to address mental triggers
Dual diagnosis patients are considered high risk. They are observed by medical staff and medication is often utilized in treatment.
Residential Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs
Residential treatment programs demand that you stay at the treatment facility throughout rehabilitation. Inpatient addiction treatment for dual diagnosis ordinarily lasts 4 weeks or even more. It is essential to not rush treatment, or else, because of the intricacy of the condition, clients risk of relapse.
Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment for dual diagnosis normally follows inpatient treatment when people need added treatment. Or, it might possibly be suggested for individuals that do not have a severe situation of dual diagnosis. At times, it could be advised to individuals who don’t have the time to go through a more traditional inpatient program.
What is Dual Diagnosis?
As pointed out in this article, when alcohol or drug dependency and also a mental illness exist together, after that the person is declared to be experiencing dual diagnosis.
The Way is Dual Diagnosis treated?
To thoroughly address dual diagnosis the existence of a toxin in the system must first be eradicated. This occurs in detoxification treatment. Soon after the substance has been gotten rid of the mental condition signs will start to emerge. Once a psychological problem is effectively diagnosed, integrated treatment begins.
Just What is Integrated Dual Diagnosis treatment?
IDDT is an evidence-based treatment program which couples alcohol or drug addiction treatment with mental health therapy. Good dual diagnosis programs don’t rush the process. They personalize treatment to suit every single client.
Are there any Faith-Based or Christian dual diagnosis treatment facilities?
The short response is yes. Finding them is frustrating.
Just how rampant is Dual Diagnosis?
As mentioned in the Journal of the American Medical Association at least 53% of men and women that abuse drugs as well as 37% of people who abuse alcohol experience dual diagnosis.
Dual Diagnosis Assessment
To come up with a precise medical diagnosis, a clinical examination is required which is implemented by medical professional. They search for multiple aspects including:
• Does the person experience a mental illness?
• Does the individual have a background important misuse?
• Does the person have a past history of physical violence and are they a possible danger to themselves?
• Have they experienced self-destructive thoughts?
• Exactly how solid is their support group?
• Are they motivated sufficiently to undertake treatment?
Common Dual Diagnosis Signs & Symptoms
As stated earlier, substance addiction and mental disorder co-exist very regularly. And yet not all individuals that experience both show the same signs.
A few of the more commonplace signs of dual diagnosis consist of:
• Disinterest in daily endeavors.
• Perceptions of self-condemnation, unimportance, sadness, concern, anxiousness or panic.
• Feeling really lethargic or deficiency of energy.
• Emotions of irritability.
• Suicidal thoughts and also hazardous behavior.
• Difficulty focusing.
• Cravings for alcohol or drugs as well as a lack of ability to stay away from making use of the compound or using even more compared to they had intended.
• Experienced symptoms of withdrawal when no longer using.
• Going to great lengths to obtain their practical medicines or alcohol.
• Falling behind on the job, school or stopping working to meet other responsibilities.
• Putting their addiction ahead of their children, career, safety as well as normal tasks.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Modalities
Alleviating dual diagnosis obligates behavior adjustment and one of the most generally utilized techniques are:
• Cognitive behavior treatment, or CBT, is a kind of clinical treatment that is applied to address an array of disorders like clinical depression, anxiousness, eating disorders, gambling dependencies, drug abuse dependencies and also also cut mental illness. There are a number of scientific research studies that show that cognitive behavior modification is, oftentimes, equally or more successful than various other forms or therapy or medications. In brief, CBT attempts to boost affirmative thoughts by reforming negative feelings and useless notions and also actions unlike Freudian psychoanalysis, which concentrates on source dating back to childhood.
• Dialectic Behavior Modification, or DBT, teaches patients that struggle with dual diagnosis the best ways to efficiently handle negative feelings and also minimize dispute in spousal relationships. It’s applied in order to help build up a person’s personality as well as their competency to manage stressful scenarios. It does this by concentrating on 4 areas:
1. Mindfulness– helping a patient to boost their capacity to approve and recognize exactly what’s happening.
2. Distress Tolerance– helping a client to bolster their resistance limit to damaging emotional state as opposed to escaping from it.
3. Emotion Regulation– strives to help handle as well as modify strong mental impulsions that could be triggering challenges in their life.
4. Interpersonal Effectiveness– educates individuals the best ways to manage others in assertive ways while preserving dignity and dignity.
• Individual Therapy, likewise understood as psychotherapy, is a therapy design with a professional therapist in a safe and comfortable environment.
• Integrated Group Therapy– treatment model made use of to treat dependency and psychological illness in a team setting.
Dual Diagnosis Rehab Treatment Programs
Among the most frequent treatment programs for co-occurring conditions are inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment programs.
Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Rehab Treatment Program
Dual diagnosis is a complex condition to treat and also usually, at least at first, will need inpatient therapy. People get ongoing help, on-site qualified as well as multi-disciplinary therapy and extra services that are useful to those that experience from dual diagnosis.
Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment in Comal County
Outpatient programs for dual diagnosis individual deliver even more flexibility compared to inpatient programs.
They really don’t entail regular involvement. Individuals might attend as couple of as 2 treatment sessions each week. Commonly, patients will certainly attend an inpatient treatment facility initially as well as then graduate to an intensive outpatient treatment program.
Types of Centers That Provide Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment in Comal County
Individuals that deal with co-occurring conditions can acquire treatment at a variety of places. The most prevalent are:
• Inpatient and also outpatient addiction rehab treatment facilities
• Hospital-based treatment
• Independent specialists and also counselors
• Medical care programs
• Programs by means of criminal justice systems
• Community organizations, such as churches as well as non-profit organizations
• Region as well as state companies.
Paying for Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Individuals who have private coverage, such as PPO or HMO plans have among the most alternatives. The majority of inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment centers that focus on dual diagnosis treatment take those plans. Cash pay is yet another ideal payment method, yet not all can pay for to pay of pocket. Medicaid as well as Medicare also supply dual diagnosis benefits, but payout prices often tend to be substantially below exclusive insurance coverage payment prices. Hence, most treatment facilities don’t approve state financed plans.
If you have Medicare or Medicaid, then you might wish to consult your county to discover a treatment center that accepts your policy.
If you’re without insurance or money pay isn’t really an alternative, you could be qualified to obtain financing via the treatment facility. Financial assistance is based on earnings as well as financial need. Some facilities may reduce their rates as well as could allow an installation pay plan.
Aftercare: Getting the Most Out of Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Throughout treatment, you are going to undergo detoxification, where your body will be purified of medications or alcohol. You will additionally receive individualized therapy sessions with a licensed specialist. You’ll attend group meetings and get additional services and assistance. While in inpatient, you’ll gain the tools as well as techniques to manage the outdoors and also keep away from urges.
This could work for some yet may likely not suffice for other people. Aftercare programs exist in order to help people remain on track and also stay sober as they move back into their regular lives. Ordinary aftercare plans for dual diagnosis consist of:
• Short-term or weekend remains at the therapy facility for those who could be afraid regression
• Sober living– individuals live in a residence bordered by recuperating addicts. Throughout their remain they could be required to obtain a task and also total everyday chores.
• Continuous treatment sessions– to help individuals stay sober and find out to additional control and manage their mental ailment
• Team therapy– typically based on the 12-step version however various other options may be readily available.
Dual Diagnosis Q&A:
Q: Are private rooms readily available in dual diagnosis rehab treatment centers?
A: The majority of treatment centers typically have 2 individuals per space, yet personal spaces could be offered after request.
Q: How many individuals obtain proper treatment for dual diagnosis?
A: Inning accordance with the Office of Applied Studies, a department the United States Department of Health And Wellness as well as Human being Providers estimates that only about 12% of people who experience dual diagnosis receive treatment.
Q: Is dual diagnosis rare?
A: There are about twenty million individuals in the US that abuse drugs and/or alcohol. It is calculated roughly that concerning half of all addicts struggle with dual diagnosis.
Q: Do all drug and alcohol treatment centers deal with dual diagnosis?
A: No. And, of the ones that do, very few do an excellent work. Dual diagnosis is a difficult problem to treat which needs specialized expertise as well as customized treatment.
Q: Can I find Christian dual diagnosis therapy centers in Comal County, TX?
A: There are faith- based, consisting of Christian dual diagnosis rehab centers.
Just what occurs when you get in touch with us?
A: After learning more about you and also your condition we’ll validate your health insurance benefits and connect you with a good quality addiction treatment center that takes your insurance coverage and also is in an appropriate region.
Addiction counselors are waiting to speak to you.
Let them find the best dual diagnosis treatment center in your preferred area that accepts your insurance.
Disclaimer: Dual diagnosis treatment centers may not be available in your area. You may be given alternate options which may require travel.